food interaction for PIOGLAR MF
alcohol interaction for PIOGLAR MF
pregnancy interaction for PIOGLAR MF
lactation interaction for PIOGLAR MF
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PIOGLAR MF
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PIOGLAR MF 15 MG/500 MG TABLET
Patients taking PIOGLAR MF 15 MG/500 MG TABLET
- 86%Once A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PIOGLAR MF
- PIOZ MF 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80save 5% more per tablet
- CETAPIN P 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 6.90/tabletRs. 69save 18% more per tablet
- MOPADAY 15MG/500MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 7.17/tabletRs. 107.50save 15% more per tablet
- PIOKIND M 15MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.20/tabletRs. 52save 38% more per tablet
- GLITARIS M 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 35% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PIOGLAR MF
- If you are allergic to pioglitazone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have heart failure or have had heart failure in the past.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have had a complication of diabetes causing rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting (diabetic ketoacidosis) or a special type of diabetic eye disease with swelling of the back of the eye(macular edema).
- If you have ever had bladder cancer and blood in urine.
- If you have cysts on your ovaries (polycystic ovary syndrome).
Frequently asked questions for PIOGLAR MF
Q.Does pioglitazone cause hair loss?
No, pioglitazone does not cause hair loss. However, if you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does pioglitazone cause bladder cancer or any other cancer?
In clinical studies, more people who took pioglitazone for more than one year developed bladder cancer as compared to those who did not take pioglitazone. It is recommended to consult your doctor about the risk of taking this medication if you have had bladder cancer in the past or have a history of passing blood in urine. No other cancer type has been linked with use of pioglitazone
Q.Does pioglitazone cause heart failure?
Pioglitazone can cause fluid retention, which may worsen or precipitate heart failure
Q.Is pioglitazone safe?
Pioglitazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.