food interaction for PHOSOME
alcohol interaction for PHOSOME
pregnancy interaction for PHOSOME
lactation interaction for PHOSOME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PHOSOME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PHOSOME
- LAMBIN 10MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1766/injectionRs. 1766pay 858% more per injection
- AMPHOTIN LIP 10MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 825/injectionRs. 825pay 348% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PHOSOME
- Before you take amphotericin B, inform your doctor if you suffer from diabetes, liver/kidney problem or are on dialysis or have low potassium level in blood.
- You should monitor your condition through regular laboratory evaluation of potassium, magnesium as well as renal, hepatic and hematopoietic function.
- Take precautions as amphotericin B may reduce the ability to drive or operate machinery.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for PHOSOME
Q.Is amphotericin B an antibiotic?
Yes, amphotericin B is an antifungal antibiotic for the treatment of serious infections caused by fungi like fungal infections of one or more deep organs of the body, suspected fungal infections in patients with a raised temperature and neutropenia (reduced number of white blood cells [neutrophils]) and Visceral leishmaniasis (disease caused by a parasite)
Q.Is amphotericin B fungistatic or fungicidal?
Amphotericin B is fungicidal in nature, it acts by killing the fungus
Q.Is amphotericin B testing dose needed?
Yes, administration of amphotericin B is associated with allergy (severe and serious allergic) reaction, therefore it is recommended to administer a test dose before starting the therapy to check for sensitivity
Q.Is amphotericin B light sensitive?
Amphotericin B is not light sensitive
Q.How is amphotericin B administered?
Amphotericin B is either administered as intravenous injection or infusion by a registered medical professional only
Q.What is amphotericin B liposomal?
Liposomal amphotericin B is a lipid-associated formulation. Liposomal encapsulation or incorporation into a lipid complex of amphotericin B can substantially improves drug safety especially nephrotoxicity associated with the drug
Q.How does amphotericin B cause nephrotoxicity and hyperkalemia?
Amphotericin B can disrupt the lipid components of human kidney cells, thereby causing nephrotoxicity. The exact mechanism of hypokalemia is not known, but kidney damage may result in excessive loss of potassium in urine.