food interaction for PHEXIN
alcohol interaction for PHEXIN
pregnancy interaction for PHEXIN
lactation interaction for PHEXIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PHEXIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PHEXIN
- SPORIDEX DT 125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.80/tabletRs. 58save 8% more per tablet
- CEFF KID 125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 5.15/tabletRs. 51.50save 18% more per tablet
- SPORIDEX KID 125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 16% more per tablet
- UNIFEX KID 125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 3.30/tabletRs. 33save 47% more per tablet
- LX KID 125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4.81/tabletRs. 48.12save 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PHEXIN
Frequently asked questions for PHEXIN
Q.Does cephalexin contain sulfa or penicillin?
Cephalexin does not contain sulfa and is not penicillin. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cephalexin the same as Keflex, Sporanox, or amoxicillin?
Keflex is a brand name for cephalexin, but Sporanox and amoxicillin are other drugs
Q.Is cephalexin safe?
Cephalexin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cephalexin with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), Dayquil (Phenylephrine, acetaminophen, dextromethorphan), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), or Advil (ibuprofen)?
Yes, you may take cephalexin with Nyquil, Tylenol, Dayquil, Benadryl, Tamiflu, or Advil. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins?
Yes, you can take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins
Q.Can I take cephalexin for a cold?
Cephalexin treats infections caused by bacteria. It does not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu
Q.Does cephalexin treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), staph infections or bacterial vaginosis (BV)?
Cephalexin is not approved to treat STDs and is not active against MRSA. It may be used against staph infections, but is not very effective against bacterial vaginosis.