Medicine Overview of Persol Forte Cream
Side effects of Persol Forte Cream
Dry skin, Erythema, Skin peeling, Burning sensation.
How to use Persol Forte Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Persol Forte Cream works
Benzoyl peroxide belongs to the class of medications called as keratolytic agents. It acts by killing the acne causing bacteria thereby preventing the infection. It also has peeling and drying properties.
In Depth Information on Persol Forte Cream
Expert advice for Persol Forte Cream
- It is normal for your skin condition to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment, do not stop using benzoyl peroxide and consult your doctor if symptoms worsen.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Do not apply to damaged skin and exercise caution while applying to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Exercise caution if benzoyl peroxide is used as concomitant therapy to avoid irritation to skin.
- Avoid contact of benzoyl peroxide gel wash with any coloured material including hair and dyed fabrics as it may result in bleaching or discolouration.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Persol Forte Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Persol Forte Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Persol Forte Cream is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Persol Forte Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Persol Forte Cream is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Persol Forte Cream may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Persol Forte NA Cream
Frequently asked questions for Benzoyl Peroxide Topical
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide topical darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/bleach skin?
Benzoyl peroxide topical causes bleaching of skin and hair. It does not darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid. It is a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.
User Submitted Feedback For Persol Forte NA Cream
Patients taking Persol Forte Cream
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Persol Forte
No substitutes found for this medicine