food interaction for PERSOL FORTE
alcohol interaction for PERSOL FORTE
pregnancy interaction for PERSOL FORTE
lactation interaction for PERSOL FORTE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PERSOL FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PERSOL FORTE CREAM
Patients taking PERSOL FORTE CREAM
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PERSOL FORTENo substitutes found
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PERSOL FORTE
- It is normal for your skin condition to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment, do not stop using benzoyl peroxide and consult your doctor if symptoms worsen.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Do not apply to damaged skin and exercise caution while applying to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Exercise caution if benzoyl peroxide is used as concomitant therapy to avoid irritation to skin.
- Avoid contact of benzoyl peroxide gel wash with any coloured material including hair and dyed fabrics as it may result in bleaching or discolouration.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for PERSOL FORTE
Benzoyl Peroxide Topical
Q.Does benzoyl peroxide topical darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/bleach skin?
Benzoyl peroxide topical causes bleaching of skin and hair. It does not darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q.Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid. It is a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions
Q.Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.