food interaction for PENTOLATE
alcohol interaction for PENTOLATE
pregnancy interaction for PENTOLATE
lactation interaction for PENTOLATE
medicine interaction for PENTOLATE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PENTOLATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PENTOLATE
- CYCLOMID 1%W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 17/ML of eye dropRs. 85pay 193% more per ML of eye drop
- PENTOL 1% EYE DROP(3 ML eye drop in packet)Klar Sehen Pvt LtdRs. 13/ML of eye dropRs. 39pay 124% more per ML of eye drop
- CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)FDC LtdRs. 6.60/ML of eye dropRs. 33pay 14% more per ML of eye drop
- BELL PENTOLATE 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Bell Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 6.82/ML of eye dropRs. 34.10pay 18% more per ML of eye drop
Expert advice FOR PENTOLATE
- Consult your doctor if you have red and painful eyes, prone to increased eye pressure, men with enlarged prostate, have heart problems, ataxia (unsteadiness or coordination problems).
- Cyclopentolate eye drops can cause blurred vision. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until the effect is gone.
- Remove soft lenses prior to instilling cyclopentolate eye drop and wait for at least 15 minutes prior to reinserting lenses.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR PENTOLATE
Q. What is cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution or eye drop?
Cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution or eye drop is a mydriatic-anticholinergic drug. It is used to enlarge the pupil of the eye (preventing the eye from focusing) and to paralyze the lens temporarily before an eye examination or surgery and
Q. Why is cyclopentolate prescribed for microbial keratitis?
Cyclopentolate is prescribed for microbial keratitis to help in controlling pain and to prevent synechia (adherence of iris to cornea) formation
Q. How long does cyclopentolate take to work?
Cyclopentolate takes about 30-60 min to work
Q. How long does cyclopentolate last?
It lasts for about 1 day.