Drug interaction for PENTAB
Take it empty stomach (1 hour before meals or 2 hour after food)
Generally safe to take with alcohol
Probably safe during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Safe during breast feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PENTABPantoprazole(40 mg)
Pentab 40 mg tablet is used for treating symptoms of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (heartburn, back flow of acid from stomach, difficulty in swallowing), inflammation of esophagus, excess acid secretion by stomach (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome), in prevention of intestinal or stomach ulcers in patients caused by prolonged pain killer use.
How it works
Pentab 40 mg tablet belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors. It acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Common side effects
Fever, Blurred vision, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Hip fracture, Vertigo, Itching
SUBSTITUTES for PENTAB
- PANTOP 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.75/tabletRs. 116.20save 7% more per tablet
- PANTAKIND 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 2.40/tabletRs. 24save 71% more per tablet
- NUPENTA 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.13/tabletRs. 31.30save 62% more per tablet
- PANTIUM 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.70/tabletRs. 87pay 4% more per tablet
- P PPI 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25save 70% more per tablet
Expert advice for PENTAB
- Take the medicine 1 hour before a meal and swallow the tablet as whole.
- Inform your doctor if you are put on long-term treatment with pantoprazole, especially if you have severe liver disease, deficiency of vitamin B12 or receiving the drug atazanavir for HIV treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it.
Frequently asked questions for PENTAB
Q. Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole.
Q. Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib.
Q. Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor.
Q. Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach.
Q. Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.