Medicine Overview of Pegadria Injection
Uses of Pegadria Injection
Pegadria 20mg Injection is used in the treatment of Blood cancer.
Side effects of Pegadria Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Rash, Weakness, Reduced blood platelets, Fatigue, Fever, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Loss of appetite, Anemia, Constipation, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Diarrhoea, Hand-foot syndrome.
How to use Pegadria Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Pegadria Injection works
Pegadria 20mg injection works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Pegadria Injection
Expert advice for Pegadria Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have heart or liver disease or have sores, discolouration or discomfort in the mouth.
- You may need dose adjustment if you are suffering from diabetes.
- Inform your doctor if you had your spleen removed due to Kaposi’s sarcoma, history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow as this may lead to higher risk of infection.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney /liver function tests before taking the therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure after prolonged therapy or if radiation was used as treatment before.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood which should be treated. Also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.
- Live or attenuated vaccines should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 2 years after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
Special precautions for Pegadria 20mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pegadria 20mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Pegadria 20mg Injection is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Pegadria 20mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Pegadri+more
a 20mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Pegadria 20mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Doxorubicin (Liposomal)
Q. How does doxorubicin work?
Doxorubicin is anti-cancer or antineoplastic chemotherapy drug that belongs to a class of medication called anthracyclines. It slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA of the cancer cell
Q. Is doxorubicin liposomal a vesicant?
Doxorubicin liposomal is not a vesicant
Q. What is liposomal doxorubicin?
The molecules of doxorubicin are coated in a fatty capsule called as liposome. This liposome protects the body and allows the doxorubicin to remain in the blood circulation for a longer duration. This means that more amount of drug can be delivered to the cancer cells with less side effects.
Substitutes for Pegadria Injection
Lipopeg 20mg Injection
RPG Life Sciences Ltd
₹800.0/ml of Injection
Lipodox 20mg Injection
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹804.0/ml of Injection
Lippod 20mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
₹654.76/ml of Injection
Nudoxa 20mg Injection
Lipeg 20mg Injection
Claris Lifesciences Ltd