food interaction for PATROXTA
alcohol interaction for PATROXTA
pregnancy interaction for PATROXTA
lactation interaction for PATROXTA
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PATROXTA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PATROXTA
- PEXEP CR 25 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.40/tabletRs. 174pay 17% more per tablet
- PAXIDEP CR 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.50/tabletRs. 145save 2% more per tablet
- PANAZEP 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 16.60/tabletRs. 166pay 12% more per tablet
- XET CR 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 18.48/tabletRs. 184.80pay 24% more per tablet
- DEPAXIL CR 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 15.30/tabletRs. 153pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for PATROXTA
- If you experience increased depression, suicidal behavior, bipolar disorder (mania), restlessness, agitation, overactive behavior, confusion, fits (seizures or epilepsy), serotonin syndrome (muscle cramps, fever, anxiety).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for PATROXTA
Q.Is Paroxetine a narcotic/controlled/addictive substance?
No. Paroxetine is not a narcotic/controlled substance. However, it can cause addiction in some cases because of its effects on the brain
Q.Is paroxetine available or sold over the counter?
No. Paroxetine is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is paroxetine the same as Xanax?
No. Paroxetine is an anti-depressant while Xanax (alprazolam) is a sedative/anti-epileptic drug
Q.Is paroxetine safe?
Yes. Paroxetine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is paroxetine a MAOI/benzodiazepine/anti-depressant?
Paroxetine is not a MAOI (mono-amino oxidase inhibitor) or a benzodiazepine. It is an anti-depressant
Q.Can I take paroxetine with ibuprofen/diazepam/Tylenol/Xanax/tramadol/propranolol?
Paroxetine should not be taken with diazepam, Xanax (alprazolam), paracetamol (Tylenol), tramadol or propranolol as it interacts with these drugs. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does paroxetine cause headache, weight loss, memory loss, hair loss, high blood pressure?
Yes. Paroxetine may cause headache, weight loss, memory loss, hair loss or high blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.