food interaction for PARNIL
alcohol interaction for PARNIL
pregnancy interaction for PARNIL
lactation interaction for PARNIL
medicine interaction for PARNIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PARNIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PARNIL
- MOVAHEXY 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt LtdRs. 4.32/tabletRs. 43.21pay 127% more per tablet
- HEKSI 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 24.50pay 29% more per tablet
- MANOHEXY 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.76/tabletRs. 27.63pay 45% more per tablet
- T HEXY 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Chicky Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.33/tabletRs. 13.30save 30% more per tablet
- TRYHP 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sigmund PromedicaRs. 2.09/tabletRs. 20.95pay 10% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PARNIL
- Trihexyphenidyl should be used cautiously in patients with high blood pressure (hypertension), heart, kidney or liver disorders, glaucoma (increase in pressure inside the eye causing gradual loss of vision if left untreated), obstructive disease of the digestive, genital and urinary tracts, myasthenia gravis (a disease characterized by very weak and unusually tired muscles) and in elderly men with enlarged prostate gland (prostatic hypertrophy).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience psychiatric symptoms such as – confusion, delusions (believing in things that are not real) and hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that that are not real). Extreme caution should be taken in elderly.
- Trihexyphenidyl is not recommended for use in patients with tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movement of face and jaw) and in children under 18 years of age.
- Trihexyphenidyl is not recommended as prophylaxis (preventive treatment) for drug-induced parkinsonism.
- Avoid abrupt discontinuation of treatment as it can result in worsening of symptoms of Parkinson’s disease or emergence of life-threatening complications (neuroleptic malignant syndrome).
- Take precautions while driving or operating machinery as trihexyphenidyl can impair mental and physical abilities.
- Use trihexyphenidyl with caution in hot weather as it can increase susceptibility to heat stroke (symptoms: very high fever, inability to bear heat, nausea, vomiting etc.)
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR PARNIL
Q. Does trihexyphenidyl get you high/ cause weight gain?
Trihexyphenidyl doesn't make you feel high. It does not cause weight gai
Q. Does trihexyphenidyl work?
Trihexyphenidyl works by blocking the action of a chemical called acetylcholine on the nerves which results in relaxing of smooth muscles; thereby, reducing the rigidity of muscle spasm (sudden involuntary contraction of a muscle or group of muscles), tremor (uncontrolled shaking) and excessive salivation associated with Parkinson's disease.