food interaction for PANTOP D
alcohol interaction for PANTOP D
pregnancy interaction for PANTOP D
lactation interaction for PANTOP D
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PANTOP D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR PANTOP D 30 MG/40 MG CAPSULE SR
Patients taking PANTOP D 30 MG/40 MG CAPSULE SR
- 75%Once A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
- 7%Twice A Week
- 2%Thrice A Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR PANTOP D
- PAN D CAPSULE SR(10 capsule sr in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 10.45/capsule srRs. 104.50same price
- PANIDO D 30 MG/40 MG CAPSULE SR(10 capsule sr in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10/capsule srRs. 100save 4% more per capsule sr
- PANTASTIC D(10 capsule sr in strip)Wanbury LtdRs. 10.35/capsule srRs. 103.50save 1% more per capsule sr
- ERACID D 30MG/40MG CAPSULE SR(10 capsule sr in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.32/capsule srRs. 83.16save 20% more per capsule sr
- PANTIN D 30 MG/40 MG CAPSULE SR(10 capsule sr in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 6.30/capsule srRs. 63save 40% more per capsule sr
Expert advice FOR PANTOP D
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions FOR PANTOP D
Q. What is Domperidone/ domstal used for and how long can I take it?
Domperidone (also known as domstal) is used for the treatment of short-term (upto 48 hours) and long-term (upto 2 weeks) problems of nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn and bloating (not to be confused as laxative, steroid or antacid). Always take the drug exactly as your doctor has told you to
Q. Is domperidone an over the counter drug?
No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription
Q. Can I take domperidone with citalopram?
Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines
Q. Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor
Q. Does domperidone raise the blood pressure or cause depression?
These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.
Q. Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole
Q. Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib
Q. Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor
Q. Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach
Q. Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.