Medicine Overview of Painoxol Gel
Uses of Painoxol Gel
Painoxol 1% w/w Gel is used in musculo-skeletal pain, dental pain and post operative pain.
How to use Painoxol Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Painoxol Gel works
Painoxol 1% w/w gel is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of prostaglandin, that causes allergy symptoms and inflammation (swelling and redness).
In Depth Information on Painoxol Gel
Expert advice for Painoxol Gel
- Inform your doctor if you have diabetes, angina, blood clots, and high blood pressure, raised cholesterol or raised triglycerides, liver disorder of the red blood pigment (porphyria).
- Tell your doctor if you had or need to have surgery.
- Avoid direct contact of gel/ lotion with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to diclofenac or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you previously had allergic reaction (asthma, hives or a cold) due to aspirin or other pain killers.
Special precautions for Painoxol 1% w/w Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Painoxol 1% w/w Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Painoxol 1% w/w Gel is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Painoxol 1% w/w Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Painoxo+more
l 1% w/w Gel in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Painoxol 1% w/w Gel
Frequently asked questions for Diclofenac Topical
Q. Is diclofenac topical a blood thinner / controlled substance?
Diclofenac is a pain relieving medication and it does not significantly affect the function of platelets in blood; hence it is not a blood thinner. It is not a controlled substance as it does not have the potential for abuse or addiction.
Substitutes for Painoxol Gel
Esmatrix Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹2.37/gm of Gel
₹3.18/gm of Gel
Abbott India Ltd
₹3.32/gm of Gel
₹3.57/gm of Gel
₹3.69/gm of Gel