food interaction for ORPIME
alcohol interaction for ORPIME
pregnancy interaction for ORPIME
lactation interaction for ORPIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ORPIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ORPIME
- MICROPIME 1GM INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Micro Labs LtdRs. 45.20/ML of injectionRs. 226save 75% more per ML of injection
- CEPIME 1000 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 138.57/injectionRs. 138.57save 22% more per injection
- KEFPIME 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 181.09/injectionRs. 181.09pay 2% more per injection
- BIOPIME 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 104.68/injectionRs. 104.68save 41% more per injection
- FORPAR 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 13.20/ML of injectionRs. 132save 93% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ORPIME
- Do not start or continue the cefepime and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or blood clotting disorder, stomach or bowel problems, poor nutrition, or if you are taking drugs like aminoglycosides (e.g. gentamycin) and diuretics (e.g. furosemide).
- Caution should be taken when given to the children < 2 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose tests.
Frequently asked questions for ORPIME
Q.Is cefepime beta lactam, penicillin, or sulfa drug?
Cefepime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime broad spectrum bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefepime is a broad spectrum bactericidal antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime compatible with lactated ringer's, normal saline, or vancomycin?
Cefepime is compatible with lactated ringer's or normal saline. Solutions of cefepime should not be added to vancomycin. However, if concurrent therapy with cefepime is indicated, vancomycin can be administered separately. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefepime a vesicant?
No, cefepime is not a vesicant drug
Q.What organisms does cefepime cover?
Cefepime is mainly effective against methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (mssa), gram-negative bacteria, klebsiella, Group B streptococci but not effective against enterococcus, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), or anaerobes such as mycoplasma.