Medicine Overview of Orencia Injection
Side effects of Orencia Injection
Nausea, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis.
How to use Orencia Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Orencia Injection works
Orencia 250mg injection blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain joint diseases.
In Depth Information on Orencia Injection
Expert advice for Orencia Injection
- Before taking abatacept, you may be tested for tuberculosis (infection of the lungs due to certain bacteria) or viral hepatitis (infection in the liver due to a virus).
- Avoid contact with people who have cold or any type of infections.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any kind of infection.
- Do not take any vaccinations while using abatacept and within 3 months after stopping abatacept treatment.
- Do not take abatacept along with other rheumatoid arthritis biologic therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as abatacept may causedizziness and visual disturbances.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Orencia 250mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Orencia 250mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Orencia 250mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Orencia 250mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Orencia+more
250mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Abatacept, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Orencia 250mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Abatacept
No. Orencia is not a biologic/ monoclonal antibody. It belongs to class of drugs called immunomodulators.
Substitutes for Orencia
No substitutes found for this medicine