Drug interaction for ORCERIN
Take it with food.
No data available for interaction with alcohol
Probably safe during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unknown. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ORCERINDiacerein(50 mg)
Orcerin 50 mg capsule is used for treating swelling and pain in the joints due to osteoarthritis.
How it works
Orcerin 50 mg capsule belongs to a class of medication call anthraquinones. It acts by blocking chemicals which cause inflammation and destruction of cartilage in the body.
Common side effects
Rash, Liver disorder, Colon pigmentation, Dark colored urine, Diarrhoea, Eczema, Soft stools, Stomach discomfort, Stomach pain
SUBSTITUTES for ORCERIN
- DYCERIN 50 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.30/capsuleRs. 93pay 17% more per capsule
- DURAJOINT 50 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 8.30/capsuleRs. 83pay 4% more per capsule
- HILIN 50 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 9/capsuleRs. 90pay 13% more per capsule
- CARTISHINE 50 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 12/capsuleRs. 120pay 50% more per capsule
- DIASOL 50 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.30/capsuleRs. 53save 34% more per capsule
Expert advice for ORCERIN
- Do not take diacerein, if you are allergic to diacerein or any of the other ingredient.
- Consult your doctor before using diacerein, if you have a history of any kidney problems; liver disease; chronic inflammatory conditions of the gut; or any dehydration problems.
- Avoid using diacerein, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for ORCERIN
Q. What is diacerein used for?
Diacerein is used for treating swelling and pain in the joints due to osteoarthritis.
Q. How does diacerein work?
Diacerein belongs to a class of medication call anthraquinones. It acts by blocking chemicals which cause inflammation and destruction of cartilage in the body.
Q. Is diacerein safe?
Diacerein is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor.
Q. Is diacerein safe in pregnancy?
Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but clinical studies in pregnant women have failed to show any risk to fetus. Inform your doctor immediately, if you find that you are pregnant while taking the drug and follow the doctor’s instructions clearly as to further use.
Q. Is diacerein a steroid or painkiller?
Diacerein is not a steroid or pain killer.
Q. What is diacerein with a glucosamine tab?
Diacerein is sometimes sold in combination with glucosamine for treating symptoms of osteoarthritis.