food interaction for OPV
alcohol interaction for OPV
pregnancy interaction for OPV
lactation interaction for OPV
medicine interaction for OPV
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OPV
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR OPV INJECTION
Patients taking OPV INJECTION
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR OPVNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR OPV
- Ensure that you take further booster doses of polio vaccine after every 5 years in children and after 10 years in adults.
- Inform your doctor before vaccination if you have blood clotting disorder or high grade fever or any acute illness as your vaccination may have to be postponed until you recover.
- Tell your doctor if you are currently taking any immunosuppressant or if you are infected with disease that affects your immune system.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to polio vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having low platelet count.
- Do not take if suffering with high grade fever or acute illness.
Frequently asked questions FOR OPV
Q. Is polio vaccine necessary?
Yes, polio virus attacks the nervous system causing paralysis, especially of lower limbs. Polio vaccine provides protection against this virus
Q. Does polio vaccine causes cancer, polio or autism?
No, it is not known to cause cancer or autism. It offers protection against polio
Q. Does polio vaccine cause fever, pain or result in scar?
Polio vaccine may cause temporary fever or pain at injection site. It does leave any scar at injection site.