Medicine Overview of Opticrom Forte Eye Drop
Side effects of Opticrom Forte Eye Drop
Vomiting, Nausea, Blurred vision, Chest tightness, Headache, Skin rash, Stinging in the eyes, Throat irritation.
How to use Opticrom Forte Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Opticrom Forte Eye Drop works
The Opticrom forte 4% w/v eye drop works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that may cause inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airways and other symptoms of asthma and allergies.
In Depth Information on Opticrom Forte Eye Drop
Expert advice for Opticrom Forte Eye Drop
- Avoid sudden discontinuation of sodium cromoglycate therapy as it may result in reoccurrence of symptoms.
- You should not use inhalations of sodium cromoglycate for acute attack of bronchospasm (sudden severe attacks of air passage constriction).
- Discontinue inhalation treatment if you develop eosinophilic pneumonia (a condition in which blood cells called eosinophils accumulate in the lungs).
- Do not touch the tip of eye drop bottle to your fingers, eyes or surrounding areas to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver functioning problems before taking oral sodium cromoglycate.
- Oral sodium cromoglycate should be used with caution in children under 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Opticrom Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop
No interaction found
Opticrom Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Opticrom Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop is probably usafe to use duri+more
ng lactation. Animal or human data is not available....
Opticrom Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop may cause blurring of your vision for a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear.+more
There is limited information available on the use of Opticro+more
m Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Opticrom Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Cromoglycate
Q. Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
No. Opticrom forte does not cause drowsiness.
Substitutes for Opticrom Forte Eye Drop
Kazicrom 4% w/v Eye Drop
Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹5.0/ml of Eye Drop
Cromyl Forte 4% w/v Eye Drop
₹7.6/ml of Eye Drop
Cromogat Forte Eye Drop
Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd
₹11.5/ml of Eye Drop
Cromal Forte Eye Drop
₹13.9/ml of Eye Drop