food interaction for ONCOTRON
alcohol interaction for ONCOTRON
pregnancy interaction for ONCOTRON
lactation interaction for ONCOTRON
Avoid Oncotron 2 mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ONCOTRON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ONCOTRONNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ONCOTRON
- Mitoxantrone may turn your urine to a blue-green color and the whites of your eyes to a bluish color; this is not of a cause of concern.
- Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections as mitoxantrone may lower the ability of your body to fight infections.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, measles, mumps) while you are using mitoxantrone.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury as mitoxantrone may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood making you more susceptible to bleeding. Seek immediate medical attention if you have unusual bruising or bleeding or if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Take precautions by staying hydrated especially if vomiting or diarrhea occurs.
- Ensure that cardiac monitoring is regularly performed and blood counts are taken at frequent intervals prior, during, and post therapy.
- Tell your doctor of any relevant medical history, especially of blood/bleeding disorders (e.g., anemia, low blood cell counts), heart disease (e.g., congestive heart failure, irregular heartbeat), liver disease, radiation treatment, recent/current infection.
Frequently asked questions FOR ONCOTRON
Q. Is mitoxantrone an anthracycline/ a DNA binding vesicant/ a vesicant?
Mitoxantrone is not a vesicant. It is an anthracenedione (derivatives of anthraquinone) having antineoplastic properties
Q. Is mitoxantrone a chemotherapy?
Mitoxantrone is an antineoplastic or anti-cancer chemotherapy agent
Q. How is mitoxantrone administered?
Mitoxantrone is administered as an intravenous injection
Q. How does mitoxantrone help multiple sclerosis?
Mitoxantrone will not cure multiple sclerosis (MS), but is effective in slowing the progression of secondary progressive MS and extending the time between relapses in relapsing-remitting MS and progressive relapsing MS.