food interaction for OMNIKACIN
alcohol interaction for OMNIKACIN
pregnancy interaction for OMNIKACIN
lactation interaction for OMNIKACIN
medicine interaction for OMNIKACIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OMNIKACIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR OMNIKACIN
- MIKACIN 100 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.85/ML of injectionRs. 19.70save 21% more per ML of injection
- AMIKAMAC 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.50/ML of injectionRs. 21save 16% more per ML of injection
- MACMIKA 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.50/ML of injectionRs. 21save 16% more per ML of injection
- AMICIN 100 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 19/injectionRs. 19pay 52% more per injection
- IVIMICIN 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)FDC LtdRs. 9.12/ML of injectionRs. 18.25save 27% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR OMNIKACIN
- If you have a kidney problem, or hearing difficulties or tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR OMNIKACIN
Q. Is amikacin sulfa, penicillin or an aminoglycoside drug?
Amikacin does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a semisynthetic aminoglycoside
Q. Is amikacin dialyzable?
Yes, amikacin is a dialyzable drug
Q. Is amikacin ototoxic?
Yes, amikacin is ototoxic
Q. Is its injection painful?
Its injection is painful. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Does amikacin need to be refrigerated?
Amikacin should be stored at or below 25°C. It should not be frozen
Q. What organisms does amikacin cover?
Amikacin is mainly effective against aerobic gram-negative bacteria such as pseudomonas as well as some gram-positive bacteria such as staphylococcus including methicillin-resistant strains but it is not the drug of choice for infections due to staphylococcus bacteria.