food interaction for OMNATAX
alcohol interaction for OMNATAX
pregnancy interaction for OMNATAX
lactation interaction for OMNATAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OMNATAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for OMNATAX
- TAXIM 1000 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 6.69/ML of injectionRs. 33.44save 60% more per ML of injection
- CEFANTRAL 1000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 33.50/injectionRs. 33.50pay 99% more per injection
- ORITAXIM 1000 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 26.25/injectionRs. 26.25pay 56% more per injection
- CEFOTAX 1000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 22.50/injectionRs. 22.50pay 33% more per injection
- CEFLIN 1000MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Lincoln Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.78/ML of injectionRs. 27.55save 18% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for OMNATAX
- Cefotaxime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefotaxime.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking cefotaxime and undergoing urine glucose test or Coombs test, as it may affect the result.
- Do not start or continue cefotaxime if you have a kidney problem or diabetes.
- Avoid taking cefotaximeI if you are on a controlled sodium diet because drug contain sodium.
- Do not start or continue cefotaxime if you experience a widespread rash with blisters and peeling skin (these may be signs of Stevens-Johnson syndrome) or severe skin reaction to drugs (toxic epidermal necrolysis) or severe diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis).
- Do not take cefotaxime if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for OMNATAX
Q.Is cefotaxime a sulfa, penicillin or broad spectrum antibiotic?
Cefotaxime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a third generation, broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefotaxime compatible with potassium and TPN?
Yes, cefotaxime can be given with potassium and TPN (total parenteral nutrition)
Q.Is cefotaxime ototoxic (toxic to the ear)?
No, cefotaxime is not an ototoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin), it may increase ototoxicity
Q.Is cefotaxime bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefotaxime is a bactericidal agent
Q.What organisms does cefotaxime cover?
Cefotaxime is active against Escherichia coli, group A and B streptococci, pseudomonas and staphylococcus bacteria. In some cases, Streptococcus pneumonia may show resistance to the drug. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).