food interaction for OLSAR
alcohol interaction for OLSAR
pregnancy interaction for OLSAR
lactation interaction for OLSAR
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OLSAR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for OLSAR 20 MG TABLET
Patients taking OLSAR 20 MG TABLET
- 92%Once A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for OLSAR
- OLMEZEST 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9/tabletRs. 90pay 3% more per tablet
- OLMESAR 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95pay 8% more per tablet
- OLMAT 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.30/tabletRs. 93pay 6% more per tablet
- OLMY 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 11.43/tabletRs. 114.30pay 30% more per tablet
- OLVANCE 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.65/tabletRs. 96.50pay 10% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for OLSAR
- Olmesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Olmesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Olmesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Olmesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for OLSAR
Q.What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q.Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q.Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q.Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.