food interaction for OLMY
alcohol interaction for OLMY
pregnancy interaction for OLMY
lactation interaction for OLMY
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OLMY
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for OLMY 40MG TABLET
Patients taking OLMY 40MG TABLET
- 62%Once A Day
- 32%Twice A Day
- 3%Thrice A week
- 2%Four Times A Day
- 2%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for OLMY
- OLMEZEST 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 15.80/tabletRs. 158save 17% more per tablet
- OLMESAR 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.30/tabletRs. 163save 15% more per tablet
- OLVANCE 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 16.30/tabletRs. 163save 15% more per tablet
- OLMAT 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 16.10/tabletRs. 161save 16% more per tablet
- OLSAR 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 15.38/tabletRs. 153.75save 19% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for OLMY
- Olmesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Olmesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Olmesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Olmesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for OLMY
Q.What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q.Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q.Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q.Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.