food interaction for OLMESAR H
alcohol interaction for OLMESAR H
pregnancy interaction for OLMESAR H
lactation interaction for OLMESAR H
Taking Olmesartan with alcohol may excessively lower the blood pressure.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OLMESAR H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR OLMESAR H 40 TABLET
Patients taking OLMESAR H 40 TABLET
- 97%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR OLMESAR H
- OLMEZEST H 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.20/tabletRs. 172save 14% more per tablet
- PINOM H 12.5 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 14.40/tabletRs. 144save 28% more per tablet
- OLMAT-40 H TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 19.45/tabletRs. 194.50save 3% more per tablet
- OLVANCE H 12.5 MG/40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.20/tabletRs. 172save 14% more per tablet
- OLSAR-H 40 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 17/tabletRs. 170save 15% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR OLMESAR H
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide-derived drugs (Sulfa drugs).
- If you have diabetes or increase lipid levels (cholesterol).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- If you have any other disease such as kidney disease, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes or gout, asthma and lupus erythematosus (an allergic condition which causes joint pain, skin rashes and fever).
Frequently asked questions FOR OLMESAR H
Q. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.
Q. What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q. Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q. Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q. Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.