100 ml in 1 bottle
Medicine Overview of Olman Infusion
Uses of Olman Infusion
Olman Infusion is used in the treatment of Acute renal failure, Cerebral edema (accumulation of excessive fluid in the brain) and glaucoma.
Side effects of Olman Infusion
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Dehydration.
How to use Olman Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Olman Infusion works
Olman infusion is an inert substance with high osmotic pressure. It draws water into the kidney, which in turn increases the amount of urine production. Olman infusion is also used to lower the pressure inside the eye or swelling around the brain.
In Depth Information on Olman Infusion
Expert advice for Olman Infusion
- Tell your doctor if you have swelling, kidney problems, or heart problems (e.g., congestive heart failure).
- Exercise caution in children <12 years and if you are an elderly patient.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have difficulty urinating or extreme dizziness.
- You will be regularly monitored for lab tests such as blood electrolytes, kidney function, lung function, heart function and blood counts.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking mannitol as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with mannitol, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to mannitol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take in pre-existing plasma hyperosmolarity.
- Do not take in severe dehydration, established anuria (failure of the kidneys to produce urine), severe heart failure, severe lung congestion or oedema, active intracranial bleeding (bleeding within the cranial vault), except during craniotomy (surgical removal of part of the bone from the skull to expose the brain).
- Do not take if suffering from disturbance of the blood-brain barrier.
- Do not take if suffering from progressive renal damage or dysfunction after institution of mannitol therapy, including increasing oliguria and azotemia (elevation of blood urea nitrogen).
Special precautions for Olman Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Olman Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Olman Infusion should be used with caution during lactation.+more
Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Olman Infusion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Olman Infusion is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function....
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Mannitol, please consult your doctor.
Substitutes for Olman
No substitutes found for this medicine