food interaction for OLIMELT
alcohol interaction for OLIMELT
pregnancy interaction for OLIMELT
lactation interaction for OLIMELT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OLIMELT
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for OLIMELT 20 MG TABLET
Patients taking OLIMELT 20 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for OLIMELT
- OLEANZ RAPITAB 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 4% more per tablet
- OLIZA 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.60/tabletRs. 136same price
- MELTOLAN 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125save 8% more per tablet
- OLAY 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 11.43/tabletRs. 114.30save 16% more per tablet
- OLIRAMP 20MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Arinna Lifescience Pvt LtdRs. 12/tabletRs. 120save 12% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for OLIMELT
- Do not take olanzapine tablet if you are allergic to olanzapine or any other ingredient in the medicine.Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking olanzapine as it may cause drowsiness.
- Avoid taking olanzapine if you have mental illnesses like suicidal thoughts, depression; or suffering from fits (epilepsy), Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease or dementia.
- Do not start or continue taking olanzapine, if you are suffering from diabetes; heart problems, high blood pressure or high cholesterol; breathing problems, increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems (glaucoma) or other eye related problems.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking olanzapine as it may cause drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for OLIMELT
Q.Is olanzapine a narcotic/sedative/used for anxiety/addictive?
Olanzapine is not a narcotic/sedative/used for anxiety. It is used to treat schizophrenia patients who suffer from symptoms like seeing or hearing things which are actually not present. It is also used to treat manic episodes in patients. It also stabilized mood in patients with bipolar disorders. It is not generally known to be addictive
Q.Is olanzapine a benzodiazepine/SSRI/MAOI?
Olanzapine is a benzodiazepine. It is not an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) or MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor)
Q.Is it like Xanax or valium?
Olanzapine is not like Xanax or valium but all of them belong to the same class of medication called benzodiazepines
Q.Can olanzapine be used forever?
No drug should be used forever until specifically advised by the doctor
Q.Can I take diazepam/ibuprofen/paracetamol/zopiclone/ tramadol/sertraline/citalopram/Seroquel/ Xanax with olanzapine?
Olanzapine can be taken along with Ibuprofen (pain killer)/ paracetamol (analgesic) but only under strict instructions from the doctor. Olanzapine preferably should not be taken with tramadol (opioid pain killer)/ zopiclone (insomnia treatment)/diazepam or valium (benzodiazepines)/ sertraline (anti-depressant)/ citalopram (anti-depressant)/Seroquel (anti-depressant). Drugs are known to interact with each other and cause side effects. Drugs should be taken in combination only as per the advice of the doctor
Q.Does olanzapine cause weight gain/memory loss/ depression/anxiety/ hair loss/sleepiness?
Olanzapine is known to have side effects like weight gain/memory loss/ depression/anxiety/ hair loss/sleepiness
Q.Does it cause increased dopamine?
Olanzapine is not known to cause increased dopamine. Please inform the doctor immediately about the side effects observed by you.