food interaction for OCTRIDE
alcohol interaction for OCTRIDE
pregnancy interaction for OCTRIDE
lactation interaction for OCTRIDE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OCTRIDE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for OCTRIDE
- OCTOTIDE 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 450/ML of injectionRs. 450save 18% more per ML of injection
- VARIOCT 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)BioconRs. 471.42/ML of injectionRs. 471.42save 14% more per ML of injection
- OKERON 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 250/ML of injectionRs. 250save 55% more per ML of injection
- FEROTIDE 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Ferring PharmaceuticalsRs. 468/ML of injectionRs. 468save 15% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khalid J. FarooquiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Harmandeep KaurMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for OCTRIDE
- Seek medical attention if you experience disturbances in your line of vision.
- Your thyroid function and liver function will be monitored during octreotide therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machines while on octreotide treatment as it may cause blurred vision and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking a medicine to control your blood pressure or if you are a patient with diabetes.
- If you are a woman of child bearing age, effective contraceptive method should be adopted during treatment with octreotide.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for OCTRIDE
Q.Is octreotide a chemo drug?
Yes, octreotide is a chemo drug, used in patients with gastro-entero-pancreatic (GEP) endocrine tumors and pituitary tumors
Q.Is octreotide hormone/ protein?
No, octreotide is a peptide or a hormone analogue. It is a synthetic compound derived from somatostatin, a substance normally found in the human body
Q.Is octreotide safe?
Octreotide is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is octreotide a proton pump inhibitor/ vasopressor?
No, octreotide is neither a proton pump inhibitor nor a vasopressor
Q.Does octreotide cause hyperglycemia?
Yes, hyperglycemia is a common side effect of octreotide treatment
Q.Does octreotide cause hair loss and weight gain?
Yes, hair loss is a common side effect of octreotide treatment. Octreotide may cause weight gain
Q.Does octreotide make you tired?
Yes, octreotide may make you feel tired.