food interaction for O CEBRAN D
alcohol interaction for O CEBRAN D
pregnancy interaction for O CEBRAN D
lactation interaction for O CEBRAN D
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR O CEBRAN D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR O CEBRAN D
- FESTIVE D 0.3%/0.1% DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Laborate Pharmaceuticals India LtdRs. 2.60/ML of dropRs. 26save 28% more per ML of drop
- OFLOZEN D 0.3%/0.1% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Klar Sehen Pvt LtdRs. 2.21/ML of dropRs. 11.04save 39% more per ML of drop
- OMEFLOX DX 0.3%/0.1% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Entod Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.16/ML of dropRs. 10.82save 40% more per ML of drop
- OFC DX 0.3%/0.1% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.13/ML of dropRs. 10.67save 41% more per ML of drop
- AFLOX D 0.3%/0.1% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt LtdRs. 3.08/ML of dropRs. 15.40save 14% more per ML of drop
Expert advice FOR O CEBRAN D
- Avoid taking milk or dairy products, or taking antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking ofloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the ofloxacin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ofloxacin or any of the other ingredients of ofloxacin tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking ofloxacin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits (epilepsy), inflammation of the bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones (tendinitis), myasthenia gravis and kidney problems.
- Drink adequate fluid to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- Avoid excessive exposure to light to prevent photosensitivity.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ofloxacin tablet because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR O CEBRAN D
Q. What is Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400 used for?
Ofloxacin (also available as Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400) and are used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is ofloxacin/ Zenflox/ Zanocin OZ an antibiotic?
Yes. It belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics
Q. Is ofloxacin penicillin based/ Steroid/ fluoroquinolone/sulfa?
No. Ofloxacin is fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is not a steroid and does not contain sulfa. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin?
There is no known interaction and it is safe to take these drugs with ofloxacin. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections?
Ofloxacin is used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia
Q. Does ofloxacin affect birth control?
It does not affect birth control
Q. Is ofloxacin safe for dogs/ cats?
Yes it is safe to be used in pets.However, the dose vary. You need to consult a veterinary doctor
Q. Is ofloxacin the same as Ciprodex?
No. Ofloxacin and Ciprodex are different drugs as Ciprodex contain ciprofloxacin.
Q. Are decadron and prednisone same as dexamethasone?
No. Decadron is a brand name of dexamethasone. Prednisone, however, is entirely different drug. Both drugs however belong to a same class of medications called corticosteroids
Q. Is dexamethasone a narcotic, sulfa drug, NSAID or controlled substance?
No. Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which shows anti-inflammatory action. It is not a controlled substance or sulfa drug. It can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Does dexona cause weight gain/ cause fluid retention/ heart burn/ hungry/ keep you awake/ drowsiness?
Dexona is the brand name of dexamethasone tablet, a corticosteroid. It may cause weight gain due to fluid retention properties. It should be noted that the fluid retention is a side effect of dexona and not the use. It is also known to cause heart burn and increased appetite. It does not cause drowsiness or insomnia. However, if you experience such side effects, always consult your doctor
Q. Is dexamethasone safe?
Dexamethasone is safe if used at prescribed doses and at prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve or naproxen with dexamethasone?
Advil is the brand name of ibuprofen while Aleve is the brand name of naproxen. Dexamethasone should not be used in combination with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen etc., since it can cause stomach ulceration and bleeding
Q. Can I take dexamethasone with ciprofloxacin?
Taking ciprofloxacin along with dexamethasone tablet may cause inflammation of tendon and tendon rupture especially in elderly. Hence taking this drug combination is not advisable
Q. Can I take paracetamol, Tylenol or Benadryl with dexamethasone?
No major or clinically significant drug interaction is found with the said drugs. However, always consult your doctor before using these drugs
Q. Can I take tums with dexamethasone?
Minor interaction between dexamethasone and tums (calcium carbonate) are reported in certain cases. Always consult your doctor before using this combination
Q. Can I take Xanax with dexamethasone?
Minor interaction between dexamethasone and Xanax (alprazolam) are reported in certain cases. Always consult your doctor before using this combination
Q. Is dexamethasone safe for toddlers?
It is safe if used as per indication and doses advised by the doctor
Q. What are the uses of dexona tablet and injection?
Dexona tablets and injections are used to treat decreased adrenal gland function and inflammatory conditions like asthma and allergy.