food interaction for NUDOXY
alcohol interaction for NUDOXY
pregnancy interaction for NUDOXY
lactation interaction for NUDOXY
medicine interaction for NUDOXY
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NUDOXY
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR NUDOXY 100MG CAPSULE
Patients taking NUDOXY 100MG CAPSULE
- 46%Once A Day
- 42%Twice A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
- 4%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR NUDOXY
- LENTECLIN 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.04/capsuleRs. 10.45save 59% more per capsule
- CODOX 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Comed Chemicals LtdRs. 1.02/capsuleRs. 10.17save 60% more per capsule
- MINICYCLINE CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Shreya Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 1.11/capsuleRs. 11.11save 57% more per capsule
- CODOX L 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Comed Chemicals LtdRs. 5.62/capsuleRs. 56.17pay 119% more per capsule
- DOXYLEB 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Leben Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.50/capsuleRs. 15save 42% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR NUDOXY
- Take doxycycline with food to prevent stomach discomfort.
- If you are taking birth control pills, take additional contraceptive measure while taking doxycycline and till 7 days after stopping doxycycline.
- Wear sunblock if you have to go out into the sun, since your skin can become more sensitive to sunburn.
- Do not start or continue the doxycycline tablets/capsule and consult your doctor if you ever have had allergic reaction after taking doxycycline.
- Do not take any vitamin supplements two hours before or after taking this drug.
- Do not take any medications with bismuth (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) while taking this medication.
- Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
- Do not take doxycycline, if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions FOR NUDOXY
Q. Is Doxicip 100/Doxt s/doxycycline a steroid, a macrolide or a penicillin?
Doxycycline belongs to class of medications called tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline is not a steroid, does not belong to penicillin family and is not a macrolide antibiotic
Q. Is doxycycline safe?
If used for approved indication in appropriate doses, doxycycline is relatively safe. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take doxycycline for cold, flu, sore throat, boils, strep infection, and ear infection?
Doxycycline is not used to treat viral infection such as common cold and flu. Doxycycline can be used to treat sore throat, boils, strep infection, ear infection
Q. Does doxycycline cover methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
It is used for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Always consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take doxycycline with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol?
Doxycycline may be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol. However, consult your doctor before use it together, for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice
Q. Does doxycycline work for acne scars?
Doxycycline helps in preventing the formation of new acne scars, but may not work for the scars which have already formed
Q. Does doxycycline cause weight gain, tiredness, or headache?
Doxycycline may cause weight gain, tiredness and headache. These effects may vary with the individual taking the medicine.