Medicine Overview of Novorapid Injection
Side effects of Novorapid Injection
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use Novorapid Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Novorapid Injection works
Novorapid 100iu/ml injection is a fast-acting insulin, starts working within 10-20 minutes after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Novorapid Injection
Expert advice for Novorapid Injection
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Notify your doctor if you have any signs of troubled-breathing or rashes (severe and life-threatening allergy).
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. Planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may occur due to:
- Delay or missing a scheduled meal or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- The main symptoms (alarming signs) of low blood sugar are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
Special precautions for Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection
Taking Insulin aspart with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection is safe to use during lactation+more
. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Frequent and regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is advised....
Frequent and regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is advised.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decamycin 4mg Injection, Pericort 4mg Tablet, Depo Medrol 40mg/ml Injection, Defcort 6mg/5ml Oral Suspension
If you have missed a dose of Insulin Aspart, your blood sugar level may become too high (hyperglycemia). Check your blood sugar and then take the next dose accordingly.
Frequently asked questions for Novorapid 100IU Injection
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Aspart
Q. What is insulin apart protamine?
Insulin aspart protamine is a combination of an intermediate-acting and a fast-acting form of the hormone insulin
Q. What is insulin apart 70/30?
Insulin apart 70/30 is a human insulin analogue containing 70% insulin aspart protamine crystal and 30% soluble insulin aspart. It is a blood sugar lowering agent with rapid onset and an intermediate duration of action
Q. Does novolog insulin cause weight gain?
Weight gain has been observed with insulin therapy.
User Submitted Feedback For Novorapid 100IU Injection
Patients taking Novorapid 100IU/ml Injection
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Twice A Week
Thrice A week
Once A Week
Four Times A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)
How do you take this medicine?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Type 2 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes
Substitutes for Novorapid Injection
Novorapid 100IU/ml Flexpen
Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd
₹240.0/ml of Flexpen