Medicine Overview of Noveltin Tablet
Uses of Noveltin Tablet
Noveltin 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression.
Side effects of Noveltin Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Back pain, Abdominal pain, Change in body weight, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Sleepiness, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Noveltin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Noveltin 25mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Noveltin Tablet works
Noveltin 25mg tablet works by a resynchronizing sleep-wake cycle that is disturbed in depression.
In Depth Information on Noveltin Tablet
Expert advice for Noveltin Tablet
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines known to affect the liver, are obese or overweight, or have diabetes.
- Consult your doctor before starting treatment if you have experienced periods of abnormally high excitability and emotions (bipolar disorder, mania or hypomania).
- You may need regular tests to monitor your liver and kidney function.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever had suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself.
- Caution has to be taken before you drive or operate machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination as agomelatine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drink alcohol while receiving agomelatine treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
Special precautions for Noveltin 25mg Tablet
Taking Agomelatine with alcohol is not advisable.
Noveltin 25mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Noveltin 25mg Tabl+more
et during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Noveltin 25mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Noveltin 25mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Noveltin 25mg Tablet is recommended.+more
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease....
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Noveltin 25mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients w+more
ith liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Agomelatine, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Noveltin 25mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Agomelatine
No, Noveltin belongs to class of medication called as melatonergic antidepressants
No, please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Yes, it may cause an increase or decrease in weight.
User Submitted Feedback For Noveltin 25mg Tablet
Patients taking Noveltin 25mg Tablet
Once A Day
Thrice A week
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Noveltin Tablet
Agoprex 25mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd