food interaction for NOVASTAT
alcohol interaction for NOVASTAT
pregnancy interaction for NOVASTAT
lactation interaction for NOVASTAT
Avoid Novastat 5 mg tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NOVASTAT
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for NOVASTAT 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking NOVASTAT 5 MG TABLET
- 93%Once A Day
- 4%Thrice A week
- 2%Twice A Day
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for NOVASTAT
- ROSUVAS 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.87/tabletRs. 118pay 23% more per tablet
- ROZAVEL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.60/tabletRs. 76pay 19% more per tablet
- ROSEDAY 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 4.70/tabletRs. 47save 27% more per tablet
- RAZEL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.24/tabletRs. 72.40pay 13% more per tablet
- ROZUCOR 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.75/tabletRs. 77.50pay 21% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for NOVASTAT
- Watch out for Muscle Symptoms. Please consult your doctor if you have any unexplained muscle pain,weakness or tenderness.
- Liver enzyme monitoring. Monitor liver enzymes before and after treatment. It can increase liver enzymes.
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark urine or yellowing of eyes or skin.
- It can cause or worsen diabetes so appropiate precautions should be taken
- Do not take antacids for atleast 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Do not take rosuvastatin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to rosuvastatin or any of the other ingredients of rosuvastatin.
- Do not take this drug if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for NOVASTAT
Q.Is rosuvastatin lipophilic?
No. It is hydrophilic in nature
Q.Is rosuvastatin safe?
Rosuvastatin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is rosuvastatin gluten free?
Yes, rosuvastatin is gluten fre
Q.Is rosuvastatin better than simvastatin?
Rosuvastatin is better than simvastatin as this is longer acting, more potent and has less side effects. Although, Rosuvastatinand simvastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action