food interaction for NITROGLYN
alcohol interaction for NITROGLYN
pregnancy interaction for NITROGLYN
lactation interaction for NITROGLYN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NITROGLYN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NITROGLYN
- NITROPLUS 50MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 4.38/ML of injectionRs. 43.75save 45% more per ML of injection
- NITROCIN 50MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 5.22/ML of injectionRs. 52.18save 35% more per ML of injection
- NITROJECT 50MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.26/ML of injectionRs. 82.62pay 3% more per ML of injection
- NIG 50MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 5/ML of injectionRs. 50save 38% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for NITROGLYN
- Do not take glyceryl trinitrate tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to glyceryl trinitrate.
- Consult your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking glyceryl trinitrate.
- This medicine may make you drowsy or dizzy. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
Frequently asked questions for NITROGLYN
Q.What does glyceryl trinitrate treat/ why is glyceryl trinitrate given/ is glyceryl trinitrate a beta blocker/ a vasodilator/ relieve angina/ does glycerol trinitrate work?
Glyceryl Trinitrate is used in the prevention and treatment of the chest pain associated with angina. It is not a beta blocker. It is a vasodilator. It relaxes most smooth muscle, including that found in the walls of blood vessels in the heart. This reduces strain on the heart by making it easier to pump blood
Q.How glyceryl trinitrate is taken/why is glyceryl trinitrate administered sublingually?
Glycerol nitrate can be taken in a number of ways-sublingual tablets, sprays, ointment, transdermal patches
Q.What is glyceryl trinitrate spray used for/ how does glyceryl trinitrate spray work?
At the onset of an attack or prior to a precipitating event: one or two 400 microgram metered dose should be sprayed under the tongue
Q.Is glyceryl trinitrate harmful/ does glyceryl trinitrate cause stomach irritation?
Glyceryl trinitrate can be used safely at recommended doses and duration. It may cause stomach irritation and headache
Q.Is glyceryl trinitrate explosive?
Yes, glycerol nitrate is used in making explosives and medically as a vasodilator
Q.Does glyceryl trinitrate work like Viagra?
Viagra is used as treatment for anti-erectile dysfunction and glyceryl trinitrate for treatment of chest pain. Both work by dilation of venous and arteries which results in inflow of blood but the mechanisms are entirely different. Do not use nitrates to relieve an angina attack if the patient has recently taken viagra, use other angina treatments instead as the combination of these two can lead to a dangerous drop in blood pressure.