Medicine Overview of Nistin Ointment
Side effects of Nistin Ointment
Application site swelling, Burning sensation, Skin irritation, Itching, Skin redness.
How to use Nistin Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Nistin Ointment works
Nistin 100000iu ointment stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Nistin Ointment
Expert advice for Nistin Ointment
- Nystatin cream is only meant to be applied to the skin and not to be consumed orally or instilled into eyes.
- In case of accidental contact with your eyes, rinse immediately and thoroughly with water and seek medical attention if any irritation persists.
- Contact your doctor if skin irritation persists for long after applying the medication.
- Consult your doctor before taking nystatin if you have a vaginal fungal infection.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to nystatin or to any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Nistin 100000IU Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Nistin 100000IU Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Nistin 100000IU Ointment is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
It is not known whether Nistin 100000IU Ointment alters the+more
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Nistin+more
100000IU Ointment in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Substitutes for Nistin
No substitutes found for this medicine