food interaction for NEXPRO
alcohol interaction for NEXPRO
pregnancy interaction for NEXPRO
lactation interaction for NEXPRO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEXPRO
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for NEXPRO FAST 40MG TABLET
Patients taking NEXPRO FAST 40MG TABLET
- 69%Once A Day
- 28%Twice A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for NEXPRO
- NEXPRO 40MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.87/tabletRs. 103save 25% more per tablet
- SOMPRAZ 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66save 28% more per tablet
- NEKSIUM 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 99pay 8% more per tablet
- ESOZ 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.47/tabletRs. 112save 19% more per tablet
- IZRA 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.90/tabletRs. 59save 36% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for NEXPRO
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Esomeprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Esomeprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Take Esomeprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Esomeprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
Frequently asked questions for NEXPRO
Q.Is esomeprazole an antacid?
Esomeprazole (also known as Esomac, Esoz, Nexium, or Nexpro) is a proton pump inhibitor which decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach while antacids neutralize the stomach acid and raise the gastric pH
Q.Is esomeprazole available over the counter?
Esomeprazole is available as an over-the-counter medication. However, follow the doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is esomeprazole/esomeprazole magnesium better than omeprazole / lansoprazole?
Esomeprazole, omeprazole, or lansoprazole belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does esomeprazole cause weight loss or weight gain?
Weight loss or weight gain can be seen with use of esomeprazole
Q.Can I take esomeprazole with paracetamol (acetaminophen), ranitidine, or domperidone?
Yes. You can take esomeprazole with paracetamol (acetaminophen), ranitidine, or domperidone
Q.Can I take esomeprazole with gaviscon (aluminum hydroxide and magnesium carbonate) or other antacids?
Depending upon individual's response, there should be an interval of at least 2 hours between the two drug administrations
Q.Does esomeprazole cause tinnitus?
It is possible that esomeprazole may rarely cause tinnitus. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does esomeprazole contain lactose?
Esomeprazole contains lactose and sucrose.