food interaction for NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
alcohol interaction for NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
pregnancy interaction for NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
lactation interaction for NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEW ASTHELITE FORTENo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- If you develop a fever/flu-like symptoms while taking this medication, tell your doctor promptly. The dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Drinking or eating foods high in caffeine, like coffee, tea, cocoa, and chocolate, may increase the side effects caused by theophylline. Avoid large amounts of these substances while you are taking theophylline.
- Do not take theophylline if you are allergic to theophylline, similar medicines (eg, aminophylline), or xanthines (eg, caffeine).
- Consult your doctor before taking theophylline if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking theophylline if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEW ASTHELITE FORTE
Q. Is theophylline a steroid/ corticosteroid/ phosphodiesterase inhibitor/ stimulant/ antibiotic/ beta agonist/ bronchodilator/ used for COPD?
Theophylline (also available as Unicontin) is a xanthine derivative and a nonselective phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It is a stimulant; not an antibiotic or beta agonist. Theophylline is a bronchodilator and used to prevent and treat wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases
Q. Does theophylline cause weight gain/ raise blood pressure/ weight loss/ insomnia/ tachycardia/ constipation/ hair loss?
Theophylline may cause increased heart rate, irregular heartbeat, insomnia. However, it is unlikely to cause weight gain, weight loss or hair loss. If any of the above side effects occur while taking theophylline, check with your doctor immediately
Q. Does theophylline need to weaned/ tapered?
No. Theophylline need not be weaned or tapered.
Q. Is terbutaline a steroid/ corticosteroid/ a catecholamine/ a narcotic/ cough syrup?
Terbutaline (also available as Bricanyl, Brozedex and in combination as Asthakind) belongs to a class of medications called beta agonists. It is used to prevent and treat wheezing, cough, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. It is not a corticosteroid, catecholamine or a narcotic
Q. Is terbutaline FDA approved/ available over the counter?
Terbutaline is FDA approved drug and available only by prescription given by your doctor
Q. Is Bricanyl the same as Ventolin/ better than Ventolin?
Terbutaline (Bricanyl) and salbutamol (Ventolin) belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is Bricanyl a preventer or reliever?
Terbutaline (Bricanyl) is a reliever inhaler, as it relieves asthma attack
Q. Does terbutaline cause autism/ cause diarrhea/ cause hyperglycemia/ cause respiratory depression/ make you tired/ cause weight gain/ make you fat/ raise blood pressure?
Terbutaline may cause hyperglycemia and increased heart rate. It is not known to cause other side effects mentioned. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of the side effects when taking terbutaline.