Drug interaction for NEORELAX
No relation with food but take it at a consistent time daily with respect to food.
No data available for interaction with alcohol
Unknown. Consult your doctor.
Unsafe during breast-feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEORELAXThiocolchicoside(4 mg)
Neorelax 4 mg capsule is used (as an additive treatment) for relieving painful stiffness or constriction in various diseases of the muscles, nerves, spine and the joints.
How it works
Neorelax 4 mg capsule belongs to group of medicines called muscle relaxant. It is semi-synthetic derivative of naturally occurring compound colchicoside. It acts against chemical called gamma amino-butyric acid (GABA). It reduces the swelling (anti-inflammatory) and pain (analgesic), and relaxes the muscles.
Common side effects
Abdominal cramp, Abdominal bloating, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Headache, Influenza like symptoms, Nausea, Weakness
SUBSTITUTES for NEORELAX
- MYORIL 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 15.61/capsuleRs. 156.07pay 45% more per capsule
- THIOSPAS 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 13.20/capsuleRs. 132pay 22% more per capsule
- MIOFREE - 4 CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 10.80/capsuleRs. 108same price
- RELMUS 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 11.80/capsuleRs. 118pay 9% more per capsule
- BAKWEL 4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Pulse PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.50/capsuleRs. 95save 12% more per capsule
Expert advice for NEORELAX
- Do not take if you are allergic to thiocolchicoside.
- Do not start or continue the thiocolchicoside and consult your doctor If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for NEORELAX
Q. Is thiocolchicoside a steroid?
No, thiocolchicoside is not a steroid. It is a semi-synthetic muscle relaxant.
Q. Thiocolchicoside is derived from which plant?
Thiocolchicoside is a semi-synthetic derivative of naturally occurring compound colchicoside from the plant Gloriosa superba.
Q. What is thiocolchicoside and aceclofenac?
Thiocolchicoside is used as combination with aceclofenac to treat painful muscular contraction (spasm).
Q. Is thiocolchicoside safe?
Thiocolchicoside is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is thiocolchicoside safe during pregnancy?
No, thiocolchicoside is contraindicated during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.