food interaction for NEOPARIN NX
alcohol interaction for NEOPARIN NX
pregnancy interaction for NEOPARIN NX
lactation interaction for NEOPARIN NX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEOPARIN NX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NEOPARIN NX
- ENCLEX 60 MG PREFILLED SYRINGE(0.6 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 558.17/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 558.17save 4% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- LUPENOX 60MG INJECTION(1 prefilled syringe in packet)Lupin LtdRs. 557.50/prefilled syringeRs. 557.50save 4% more per prefilled syringe
- LOPARIN 60 MG PREFILLED SYRINGE(0.6 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 330.86/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 330.86save 43% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- LOMORIN NX 60MG PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 571.62/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 571.62save 1% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- ENOXEL 60 MG PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 490.51/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 490.51save 15% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for NEOPARIN NX
- Do not take enoxaparin if you are allergic to enoxaparin or heparin or any of the other ingredients of the injection or pork products.
- Enoxaparin is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or under your skin.
- Always use the same brand throughout as different brands have different effectiveness.
- Consult your doctor before taking enoxaparin if you are under or over weight or If you are above 65 years of age especially >75 years.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug, If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you are having any surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor you are taking enoxaparin.
Frequently asked questions for NEOPARIN NX
Q.Is enoxaparin an anti-platelet, blood thinner/anticoagulant?
Enoxaparin is an anticoagulant which does not allow blood to clot thus acting as a blood thinner but it is not anti-platelet
Q.Does it dissolve clots?
It does not dissolve existing clots
Q.Is enoxaparin dialyzable?
No, it is not dialyzable
Q.Is enoxaparin a biosimilar?
Yes, enoxaparin is also available as biosmilar
Q.Does enoxaparin contain pork?
Enoxaparin is manufactured using pork intestine
Q.Is enoxaparin the same as heparin or lovenox?
Enoxaparin is not the same as heparin but both are used for similar indication. Lovenox is the brand name of enoxaparin
Q.Does enoxaparin have to be refrigerated?
Enoxaparin should not be refrigerated
Q.Does it come in pill form?
It does not come in pill form
Q.Does it contain benzyl alcohol?
It does contain benzyl alcohol
Q.Can I take paracetamol or ibuprofen with enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin is known to interact with paracetamol and ibuprofen and so should be taken only if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does enoxaparin make you tired?
Enoxaparin is not known to cause tiredness as a side effect. Please consult the doctor when any side effects are observed while taking enoxaparin
Q.Is enoxaparin affect INR/ PTT/APTT/platelets?
Enoxaparin increases the INR values (International normalized ratio; defines how long it takes for blood to clot when on anticoagulant therapy versus normal time) Partial thromboplastin time (PTT) or activated PTT (APTT) or platelets are not affected by enoxaparin.