Medicine Overview of Neomine Injection
Side effects of Neomine Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal cramp, Diarrhoea, Excessive salivation.
How to use Neomine Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Neomine Injection works
Neomine 0.5mg injection increases the levels of chemical messengers which allows free transmission of signals across the nerves and muscles.
In Depth Information on Neomine Injection
Expert advice for Neomine Injection
- You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time in case of a surgery.
- Use neostigmine with caution if you have epilepsy, bronchial asthma, bradycardia, recent coronary occlusion, vagotonia, hyperthyroidism, cardiac arrhythmias, peptic ulcer.
- Avoid taking large doses of neostigmine in situations where there might be an increased absorption rate from the intestinal tract. Use with caution when neostigmine is given along with anticholinergic drugs because of decreased GI motility.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as neostigmine can cause blurred vision or impaired thinking.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking neostigmine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take precautions while taking neostigmine as over dosage of neostigmine can cause extreme muscle weakness.
Special precautions for Neomine 0.5mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Neomine 0.5mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Neomine 0.5mg Injection should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Neomine 0.5mg Injection alters the a+more
bility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Neomine 0.5mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Neomine 0.5mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of kidney function test and some blood tests may advised while you are taking this medicine....
Regular monitoring of kidney function test and some blood tests may advised while you are taking this medicine.
Neomine 0.5mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Neomine 0.5mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Neostigmine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Neomine 0.5mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Neostigmine
Q. Is neostigmine an anticholinesterase/ anticholinergic/agonist/ cholinesterase inhibitor/ neurotransmitter?
Neostigmine is an anticholinesterase. But, it is not an anticholinergic, agonist, cholinesterase inhibitor or a neurotransmitter
Q. Does neostigmine cause nausea?
Yes, neostigmine causes mild nausea
Q. Does neostigmine reverse rocuronium/ reverse succinylcholine / inhibit pseudocholinesterase / cause histamine release?
Yes, Neostigmine causes reversal of rocuronium/ succinyl choline and inhibits pseudocholinesterease. It also causes histamine release.