food interaction for NEO MERCAZOLE
alcohol interaction for NEO MERCAZOLE
pregnancy interaction for NEO MERCAZOLE
lactation interaction for NEO MERCAZOLE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEO MERCAZOLE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for NEO MERCAZOLE 20MG TABLET
Patients taking NEO MERCAZOLE 20MG TABLET
- 52%Once A Day
- 28%Thrice A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
- 4%Thrice A week
- 4%Twice A Week
- 4%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for NEO MERCAZOLE
- ANTI THYROX 20 MG TABLET(100 tablet in bottle)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.24/tabletRs. 724save 10% more per tablet
- THYRODIP 20 MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 550save 31% more per tablet
- THYROCAB 20 MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 7.79/tabletRs. 779save 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Harmandeep KaurMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sujeet JhaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for NEO MERCAZOLE
- Do not take carbimazole, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to carbimazole or any of the other ingredients in formulation or other anti-thyroid medicines such as thiamazole, methimazole or propylthiouracil.
- Avoid taking carbimazole, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not take carbimazole, if you have a severe liver disorder; serious blood disorder; large thyroid swelling in your neck; if you are receiving radio-iodine.
Frequently asked questions for NEO MERCAZOLE
Q.Is carbimazole an immunosuppressant/a steroid/ a beta-blocker?
No. Carbimazole is anti-thyroid drug. It is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism (over functioning of thyroid gland)
Q.How long can I take carbimazole?
You can take carbimazole at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take carbimazole with paracetamol/ antihistamines/ Nurofen (ibuprofen)/ antibiotics/ Piriton (chlorpheniramine)/ amoxicillin/ propranolol/ vitamins/ co-codamol (paracetamol and codeine)?
No interactions have been reported between carbimazole and paracetamol/ Nurofen (ibuprofen), antihistaminics, Piriton, amoxicillin, vitamins and Co-codamol. Carbimazole can increase the blood levels of antibiotics like erythromycin, and decrease the blood levels of propranolol
Q.Does carbimazole cause weight loss/ diarrhea/ weight gain/ fatigue/ hair loss/ itching/ dry mouth/ interference in periods?
Yes, carbimazole can cause diarrhea, fatigue, hair loss, itching and dry mouth. However side effects like weight gain, weight loss and interference in periods are not proved to be caused by carbimazole
Q.Is carbimazole teratogenic?
Yes, carbimazole is teratogenic and it can cause skin defects, hypothyroidism and gut abnormalities in fetus
Q.Is carbimazole safe?
Carbimazole is safe when taken at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.