food interaction for NATRILAM
alcohol interaction for NATRILAM
pregnancy interaction for NATRILAM
lactation interaction for NATRILAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NATRILAM
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR NATRILAM 10MG TABLET
Patients taking NATRILAM 10MG TABLET
- 79%Once A Day
- 21%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR NATRILAMNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR NATRILAM
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR NATRILAM
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q. Is indapamide a water pill, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner?
Indapamide is a thiazide-like diuretic, a water pill. It is not a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner
Q. Is indapamide a sulfa drug, contains sulfa?
Indapamide is a sulfa drug, contains sulfa (sulphonamide). Indapamide should not be taken by patients allergic to sulfa/sulphonamide
Q. Is indapamide potassium sparing?
Indapamide is not potassium sparing. It lowers the potassium level in body
Q. Can I take paracetamol, ibuprofen with indapamide?
Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide. Paracetamol can be taken with indapamide. Always consult your doctor before use
Q. Does indapamide cause weight gain, weight loss, low potassium, hair loss, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction?
Indapamide does not cause weight gain, hair loss. Indapamide may cause weight loss, low potassium level, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction.