food interaction for NATACIN
alcohol interaction for NATACIN
pregnancy interaction for NATACIN
lactation interaction for NATACIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NATACIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NATACIN
- NATAFORCE 5% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 21.78/ML of eye dropRs. 108.90save 8% more per ML of eye drop
- ZONAT 5% EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 23.50/ML of eye dropRs. 117.50same price
- NATAMET EYE DROP(10 ML eye drop in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 16.80/ML of eye dropRs. 168save 29% more per ML of eye drop
- MYCONAT 5% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Optho Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 21.40/ML of eye dropRs. 107save 9% more per ML of eye drop
- NATAONE 5% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Elder Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15.80/ML of eye dropRs. 79save 33% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
Expert advice for NATACIN
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper, as it may contaminate the solution.
- Do not stop using natamycin even if you feel well. To clear up your infection completely, use natamycin for the full course of treatment.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms do not get better within 7 to 10 days or they get worse.
- Do not wear contact lenses if have signs of conjunctivitis or keratitis.
- Natamycin is not recommended for use in children.
Frequently asked questions for NATACIN
Q.Does natamycin cause cancer?
Natamycin has no known effects on causing cancers
Q.Where does natamycin come from?
Natamycin is an antibiotic derived from Streptomyces natalensis
Q.How does natamycin work?
Natamycin belongs to a class of medicines called tetraene polyene antibiotic. Natamycin binds to the fungal cell wall, alters the permeability of the cell wall and causes depletion of the cellular contents; thereby reducing growth and proliferation of fungi
Q.Why natamycin does not affect bacteria?
The mechanism of action of natamycin is through binding of the molecule to the sterol moiety of the fungal cell membrane. Since bacterial cell wall doesn't contain sterol moiety, it doesn't affect bacteria.