food interaction for NASOREST
alcohol interaction for NASOREST
pregnancy interaction for NASOREST
lactation interaction for NASOREST
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NASOREST
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NASORESTNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for NASOREST
- Inform your doctor in case you are taking other medicines like sedatives (for treating sleep disorders), ketoconazole (for treating fungal infections) or erythromycin (an antibiotic used for treating bacterial infections).
- Though acrivastine belongs to a group of non-drowsy medicine, it may cause drowsiness in some people, hence, be cautious while driving or operating machinery.
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided while on this treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for NASOREST
Q.Is acrivastine an anticholinergic?
Antihistamines often have anticholinergic activity, however, acrivastine belongs to a newer generation which is non-sedative and has a low potential to act on central nervous system; acrivastine lacks significant anticholinergic activity
Q.Is acrivastine the same as diphenhydramine?
Acrivastine and diphenhydramine are different drugs belonging to a same group of medicines called antihistamines and have similar actions, though their use and effect may vary. Diphenhydramine belongs to the first generation of antihistamines having sedative effects, whereas acrivastine belongs to a newer generation of antihistamines having non-sedative effects
Q.Is acrivastine better than cetirizine?
Acrivastine and cetirizine belong to same category of drugs – antihistamines and are equally effective and safe in treatment of allergic symptoms
Q.How effective is acrivastine?
Acrivastine is effective in treating allergic symptoms if used at dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take acrivastine with cetirizine/ loratadine?
There is no known negative effect (drug interaction) between acrivastine and cetirizine or acrivastine and loratadine. However, this does not confirm that it is safe to take these drugs together. Always follow doctor's advice on use of these medicines together
Q.Does acrivastine cause anxiety?
No. Acrivastine is not known to cause anxiety
Q.How long does acrivastine last?
Acrivastine may last in your system for around 2 hours after single dose to approximately 5 hours after multiple recommended doses.