food interaction for NARATREX
alcohol interaction for NARATREX
pregnancy interaction for NARATREX
lactation interaction for NARATREX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NARATREX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for NARATREX 2.5 MG TABLET
Patients taking NARATREX 2.5 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for NARATREXNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for NARATREX
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Naratriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Naratriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Naratriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Naratriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Naratriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Naratriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking <med_name > as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Naratriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Frequently asked questions for NARATREX
Q.Is naratriptan a controlled substance?
Naratriptan is not a controlled substance
Q.Is naratriptan addictive?
It does not have potential for abuse or addiction
Q.Is naratriptan a narcotic/ blood thinner/ antidepressant/ opiate?
No. Naratriptan is used for the treatment of severe migraine headaches. It does not induce sleep and is not known to have effects on viscosity of blood. Its mechanism of action is different from opiates
Q.Is naratriptan an anti-inflammatory?
Naratriptan is not an anti-inflammatory, but is used for the treatment of severe migraine headaches.
Q.Does naratriptan contain aspirin/ sulfa/ ibuprofen/ caffeine?
No. Naratriptan does not contain aspirin, sulfa, caffeine or ibuprofen
Q.Does naratriptan make you drowsy?
Yesit causes drowsiness (dizziness and sleepiness are among the known common side effects)
Q.Does naratriptan raise blood pressure?
Increase in blood pressure is also a known side effect of naratriptan
Q.Does naratriptan get you high/ cause weight gain/ cause hair loss?
Increase in body weight, hair loss and making you feel extremely happy or high are not among the known side effects of naratriptan treatment.