food interaction for MYXITIN
alcohol interaction for MYXITIN
pregnancy interaction for MYXITIN
lactation interaction for MYXITIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MYXITIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MYXITIN
- XYLISTIN FORTE PLUS 3 MIU INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 254.10/ML of injectionRs. 2541save 83% more per ML of injection
- COLY MONAS 3MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2579/injectionRs. 2579pay 70% more per injection
- XYLOMONAS 3 MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2299/injectionRs. 2299pay 51% more per injection
- PMX 3MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2047.50/injectionRs. 2047.50pay 35% more per injection
- NEOLISTIM 3 MIU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 1260/ML of injectionRs. 1260save 17% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MYXITIN
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MYXITIN
Q.Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q.Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q.Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.