Medicine Overview of Myobid Tablet
Uses of Myobid Tablet
Myobid 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
Side effects of Myobid Tablet
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Gastric irritation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Weakness, Depression, Sleepiness.
How to use Myobid Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Myobid 250mg Tablet with food.
How Myobid Tablet works
Myobid 250mg tablet is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on Myobid Tablet
Expert advice for Myobid Tablet
- You should always take ethionamide in combination with other anti-tubercular drugs as its use alone in the treatment results in the rapid development of drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Always adhere to the drug regimen for the full duration of treatment as non-adherence to prescribed treatment can result in treatment failure and in the development of drug-resistant tuberculosis, which can be life-threatening and lead to other serious health risks.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, liver problems, or vision problems.
- You may be monitored with blood sugar, liver function, vision and thyroid function tests while on treatment with ethionamide.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Ethionamide is not recommended in children below 12 years unless the organisms are found to be definitely resistant to primary therapy.
Special precautions for Myobid 250mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Myobid 250mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Myobid 250mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Myobid 250mg Tablet may cause side effects such as drowsiness or a headache, that can impair your ability to drive....
Myobid 250mg Tablet may cause side effects such as drowsiness or a headache, that can impair your ability to drive.
Myobid 250mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Myobid 250mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.+more
Dose adjustment may be needed in patients with end stage kidney disease....
Dose adjustment may be needed in patients with end stage kidney disease.
Myobid 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Myobid 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Myobid 250mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with the severe liver disease....
Use of Myobid 250mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with the severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Ethionamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Myobid 250mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Ethionamide
Myobid is used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of active tuberculosis (infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
User Submitted Feedback For Myobid 250mg Tablet
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Myobid Tablet
Ethomid 250mg Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Ethide 250mg Tablet
SITROMIDE 250MG TABLET
Scortis Lab Pvt Ltd
MD Thide 250mg Tablet
Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ethiocid 250mg Tablet
Themis Medicare Ltd