food interaction for MYESTIN
alcohol interaction for MYESTIN
pregnancy interaction for MYESTIN
lactation interaction for MYESTIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MYESTIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MYESTIN 60 MG TABLET
Patients taking MYESTIN 60 MG TABLET
- 41%Four Times A Day
- 25%Thrice A Day
- 13%Twice A Day
- 9%Alternate Day
- 9%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for MYESTIN
- DISTINON 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 7.78/tabletRs. 77.79save 42% more per tablet
- GRAVITOR 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13.28/tabletRs. 132.80same price
- MYESTIN 60 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 4.43/tabletRs. 133save 67% more per tablet
- PYODISTIG 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.30/tabletRs. 133same price
- MUSTONE 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75save 44% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for MYESTIN
- Do not start or continue the pyridostigmine medication if you are allergic to pyridostigmine or any other ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not take pyridostigmine if you have recently had coronary obstruction (heart attack); slow heart beat or any other heart condition; asthma; or stomach ulcer.
- Avoid taking pyridostigmine if you have fits (epilepsy) or Parkinson’s disease; an overactive thyroid gland; bladder or bowel obstruction.
Frequently asked questions for MYESTIN
Q.Is pyridostigmine a narcotic/steroid/ immunosuppressant/ anticholinesterase?
Pyridostigmine is parasympathomimetic and not a narcotic/ steroid/immunosuppressant. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme called as acetylcholinesterase
Q.What is pyridostigmine/ pyridostigmine bromide/pyridostigmine 60 mg is used for?
Pyridostigmine is used to treat neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness (myasthenia gravis), paralytic ileus and postoperative urinary retention, reversal of neuromuscular blockade
Q.What class is pyridostigmine?
Pyridostigmine belongs to the group of medicines called parasympathomimetics
Q.Does pyridostigmine cause weight gain?
Pyridostigmine causing weight gain is very rare. However consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q.How does pyridostigmine work/ treat myasthenia gravis?
It works by inhibiting the enzyme called as acetylcholinesterase and thus allows free transmission of nerve impulses across the neuromuscular junction.