food interaction for MUCOTROY
alcohol interaction for MUCOTROY
pregnancy interaction for MUCOTROY
lactation interaction for MUCOTROY
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MUCOTROY
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MUCOTROY
- MUCYST 1000 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 25/ML of injectionRs. 125save 4% more per ML of injection
- MUCOSYS 1000MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 14.55/ML of injectionRs. 72.75save 44% more per ML of injection
- MUCOMELT 1000 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Venus Remedies LtdRs. 25.33/ML of injectionRs. 126.67save 3% more per ML of injection
- NACEL 1000MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 23.94/ML of injectionRs. 119.70save 8% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for MUCOTROY
- Do not start or continue the acetyl cysteine if you are allergic to acetyl cysteine.
- Consult your doctor before starting acetyl cysteine if you have lung diseases like asthma and bronchospasm.
Frequently asked questions for MUCOTROY
Q.What are n acetyl cysteine/Fourts-B/Mucinac 600 mg/Mucinac/Nefrosave/Nefrosave Forte used for?
These are brand names of acetyl cysteine. Nefrosave/Nefrosave Forte is used for the treatment of liver toxicity due to paracetamol overdose; Mucinac 600 mg/Mucinac/are used to thin and loosen the mucus in the airway due to certain lung diseases. Fourt-B is combination of acetyl cysteine and multivitamins, and is used for both treatment of paracetamol overdose and in acute cough with excessive or viscous mucus
Q.What is Nacfil Forte/Nacfil/Ovacare Forte used for?
Nacfil Forte/Nacfil/Ovacare Forte contains acetyl cysteine, but it is used for the treatment of certain lung diseases. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Does n-acetyl cysteine increase glutathione?
Yes, n-acetyl cysteine increases glutathione
Q.Does n-acetyl cysteine cause weight gain?
N-acetyl cysteine causing this side effect is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.How does n-acetyl cysteine work?
n-Acetyl cysteine works as antidote by reducing liver toxicity of NAPQI (n-acetyl-p-benzo-quinoneimine), a metabolic substance that is produced following high dose of paracetamol. It also helps in thinning the mucus which helps in clearing the mucus from the lungs.