food interaction for MOXIMON
alcohol interaction for MOXIMON
pregnancy interaction for MOXIMON
lactation interaction for MOXIMON
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MOXIMON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MOXIMON
- MOX KID 125MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.87/tabletRs. 58pay 413% more per tablet
- WYMOX KID 125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 4.13/tabletRs. 62pay 448% more per tablet
- BLUMOX P 125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.80/tabletRs. 42pay 271% more per tablet
- EROX KID 125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39pay 417% more per tablet
- EROX 125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 6.55/tabletRs. 65.52pay 769% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR MOXIMON
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amoxicillin or penicillin.
- Take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- You may have loose stools while taking this drug. It gets better after finishing the course, If it worsens consult your doctor.
- Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Space the doses evenly during the day, at least 4 hours apart.
- Keep taking amoxicillin until the treatment is finished, even if you feel better.
- Do not take amoxicillin for more than 2 weeks or two doses in 1 hour.
- Tell your doctor that you are taking amoxicillin before you go through urine or blood tests for liver function test.
- Consult your doctor before taking amoxicillin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR MOXIMON
Q. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria?
Amoxicillin is active against aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections
Q. Does amoxicillin cause yeast infections?
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and hence with prolonged use may also kill helpful bacteria in the body that keep the body’s yeast population in check, thereby causing yeast infections
Q. Can I take amoxicillin for sore throat, cold, cough, flu, food poisoning, pseudomonas infection or virus infections?
Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections not viruses. Food poisoning (due to Salmonella), pseudomonas infections, as well as sore throat, cold and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin
Q. Does amoxicillin cause constipation, drowsiness or headache?
No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation, drowsiness or headache. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. How long does novamoxin take to work?
Anywhere between one to seven days but it depends on the type of infection and its severity
Q. Is novamoxin gluten free?
Novamoxin, which contains amoxicillin, is gluten free.