food interaction for MOXIGRAM
alcohol interaction for MOXIGRAM
pregnancy interaction for MOXIGRAM
lactation interaction for MOXIGRAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MOXIGRAM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MOXIGRAM 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking MOXIGRAM 400 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MOXIGRAM
- MOXIF 400 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 24.68/tabletRs. 123.42pay 7% more per tablet
- MAHAFLOX 400 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 17.10/tabletRs. 85.50save 26% more per tablet
- M CIN TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 21/tabletRs. 105save 9% more per tablet
- MOXAM 400 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 23.84/tabletRs. 119.18pay 3% more per tablet
- MOXICIP TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 24.68/tabletRs. 246.85pay 7% more per tablet
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for MOXIGRAM
- Do not crush, break or chew moxifloxacin tablets.
- Stop taking moxifloxacin and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints, especially in your ankle.
- Do not breast feed your baby while taking this medication.
- Wash your hands before using the eye drops, keep the dropper tip clean.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Frequently asked questions for MOXIGRAM
Q.Is moxifloxacin / Moxicip safe?
Yes. Moxifloxacin (also available as Moxicip) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is moxifloxacin an antibiotic/ steroid/ penicillin / a sulfa drug?
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic and not a steroid / penicillin / sulfa drug. It belongs to a class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of moxifloxacin is different from sulfa drugs
Q.Is moxifloxacin strong?
Moxifloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic, effective in killing a wide range of bacteria and can be used against a variety of infections (infections of sinuses, airways, lungs, genital tract, abdominal infections, and infections of skin and eye). It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is moxifloxacin stronger than amoxicillin?
Moxifloxacin and amoxicillin are two different antibiotics effective against a wide range of infection causing bacteria and have different mechanisms of action. A comparison between moxifloxacin and amoxicillin cannot be drawn.