food interaction for MOPADAY
alcohol interaction for MOPADAY
pregnancy interaction for MOPADAY
lactation interaction for MOPADAY
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MOPADAY
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MOPADAY 15MG/500MG TABLET
Patients taking MOPADAY 15MG/500MG TABLET
- 92%Once A Day
- 5%Alternate Day
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MOPADAY
- PIOZ MF 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80pay 12% more per tablet
- CETAPIN P 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 6.90/tabletRs. 69save 4% more per tablet
- PIOKIND M 15MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.20/tabletRs. 52save 27% more per tablet
- GLITARIS M 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 23% more per tablet
- PIOPOD MF 15 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.20/tabletRs. 72same price
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for MOPADAY
- Notify your doctor if you have liver disease.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had urinary bladder cancer.
- Pioglitazone does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you had a heart failure in the past.
Frequently asked questions for MOPADAY
Q.Does pioglitazone cause hair loss?
No, pioglitazone does not cause hair loss. However, if you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does pioglitazone cause bladder cancer or any other cancer?
In clinical studies, more people who took pioglitazone for more than one year developed bladder cancer as compared to those who did not take pioglitazone. It is recommended to consult your doctor about the risk of taking this medication if you have had bladder cancer in the past or have a history of passing blood in urine. No other cancer type has been linked with use of pioglitazone
Q.Does pioglitazone cause heart failure?
Pioglitazone can cause fluid retention, which may worsen or precipitate heart failure
Q.Is pioglitazone safe?
Pioglitazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.