food interaction for MONTEK PLUS
alcohol interaction for MONTEK PLUS
pregnancy interaction for MONTEK PLUS
lactation interaction for MONTEK PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MONTEK PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MONTEK PLUS 10 MG/10 MG TABLET
Patients taking MONTEK PLUS 10 MG/10 MG TABLET
- 78%Once A Day
- 22%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MONTEK PLUS
- MONTAIR PLUS 10MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 19.25/tabletRs. 192.50pay 4% more per tablet
- TELEKAST PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 14.85/tabletRs. 148.50save 20% more per tablet
- MONTEMAC PLUS 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.54/tabletRs. 105.45save 43% more per tablet
- ODIMONT PLUS 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 17.10/tabletRs. 171save 8% more per tablet
- MONTUS BL 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 11.37/tabletRs. 113.73save 39% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for MONTEK PLUS
- Take bambuterol tablets shortly before bedtime.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, thyroid disease, high blood pressure, heart disease, problems of liver or kidneys, family history of glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You should continue taking the medication after the start of treatment with bambuterol, even if the asthma symptoms diminish.
- If you have moderate to severely impaired renal function (GFR < 50 ml/min), it is recommended that the starting dose of Bambuterol should be halved.
- If you have severe asthma, you should undergo regular blood tests to monitor the amount of potassium in your blood.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, you may need additional medications for blood glucose control, due to the hypoglycemic effect exerted by bambuterol.
- Consult your doctor as soon as possible if this medicine doesn't relieve wheezing or chest tightness as well as usual, or for as long as usual, or if you need to use it more often than usual.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine.Caution is recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions for MONTEK PLUS
Q.What is Bambuterol Hydrochloride?
Bambuterol Hydrochloride is a prodrug of terbutaline (synthetic compound with bronchodilator properties, used especially in the treatment of asthma).
Q.What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma
Q.Is montelukast steroid/antibiotic?
No. Monteleukast is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs
Q.Is montelukast harmful?
Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is montelukast gluten free?
Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.